Herbal tea has been found to be rich in antioxidants and vitamins. They are great in keeping the body healthy, they help in boosting our immune system.
My mom and I love drinking herbal tea; we have made it a habit. It is one of the many things we both have in common and include in our daily routines.
Today, I am here to share the recipe and ingredients she uses (don’t worry guys, she approved).
Fresh Lemongrass leaves
Dried Bay leaf
Any tea bag of choice (preferably green tea, cranberry tea, bergamot tea)
1. Put water in a pot and put it on the fire.
2. Add 7-10 leaves of lemongrass into the water.
3. Add about 3 dried bay leaves (try to break and crumble it in your hands first).
4. Slice your fresh ginger and turmeric then, add in the pot.
5. Allow to boil for about 10-15 minutes.
6. Remove from fire then add the teabag of your choice; leave it in for 3 minutes and your tea is ready.
7. Add any sweetener of choice; I personally prefer to use honey.
BENEFITS OF THE VARIOUS INGREDIENTS.
- It aids in digestion.
- It is rich in antioxidants (helps in detoxifying and cleansing of the body).
- It regulates/reduces high blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Helps in healing cold and flu.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Treats many forms of nauseas.
- Helps in reducing exercise-induced muscle pain and soreness.
- It has anti-inflammatory effects and can help with osteoarthritis.
- Reduces blood sugars and cholesterol levels.
- Used to treat chronic indigestion and reduces gas in the stomach.
- Helps in improving brain function.
- Reduces arthritis symptoms.
- Boosts Immune function.
- Reduces cardiovascular complications.
- Helps in preventing and treating Alzheimer’s.
- Protects against liver damage, gallstones and manages the liver condition.
- Helps treat and manage lung conditions.
- Dramatically increases the antioxidant capacity of the body.
- Has benefits against depression.
- Helps delay ageing and fights age-related chronic diseases.
- BAY LEAF
- Rich sources of vitamin A &C, iron, potassium, calcium, and magnesium.
- Useful in the treatment of migraines.
- Contains enzymes that help in breaking down proteins and digest food faster. It helps calm indigestion.